Almost everyone gets headaches, and they can start young. In fact one study found that among people ages 12 to 29 years old, 91% of men and 95% of women had experienced one or more headaches.
Headache pain drives 50 million people to doctors each year and is one of the top 10 reasons men and women seek medical care.
#1 cause is Dehydration. Your body requires half it’s bodyweight in ounces. For example: If you weigh 100#, then you should be drinking 50 ounces of water a day. Drink plenty of water first.
#2 cause of headaches is stress. Stress will cause a contraction in the muscles.
General Headache Remedy – 3 drops Lavender + 1 drop Peppermint -Apply to the back of the neck at the hairline
General Tension Headache – 3 drops Marjoram oil or Basil oil -Added to recipe for General Headaches above. Same application.
Migraines are often triggered by a contracted vessel in the brain. It needs to be opened up. Sometimes its as simple as dehydration, other times its made worse by dehydration. Always be aware and stay well hydrated.
- Try Peppermint. Take Peppermint bottle, place under the nose, breathe in several deep breaths over a 2 – 3 minute period. May open up contracted vessels.
Cluster Headache – 2 drops Basil + 2 drops Marjoram + 5 drops Rosemary + 2 drops Peppermint. Apply to the back of the neck at hairline, on the feet, on the web of the hands between the thumb and pointer finger.
Sinus Headache – 1 Tabl. Epsom salts, 1 drop Eucalyptus, 1 drop Rosemary, Mix with: 1 Cup Warm Water Irrigate nasal cavities so the sinuses and face don’t swell. When irrigating, expect LOTS of ‘gunk’ to be released. It’s good news (even if it isn’t ‘pretty’). Lavender oil used on the face or diluted Peppermint oil can help minimize swelling.
Hormonal Headaches – often caused or affected by birth control pills etc. Clary Sage applied to the bottom of the feet, around the ankle bones, at the base of the hairline, on the pulse points. If it doesn’t hold the headache well enough, add Lavender oil.
Gastric Headaches – certain people get them from eating crummy food or have had the gall bladder removed. Back off on the junk food, and drink a glass of water with 1 drop Lemon and 1 drop Peppermint in it.
Moderate Headaches – 1 drop Peppermint + 1 tsp honey + 1 cup warm water mixed as a tea
Severe Headaches - 1 drop Lavender oil + 1 drop Rosemary oil + 2 drops Peppermint oil. Mix oils, place on a tissue and inhale deeply several times or put in boiling water with towel draped over. Inhale. Or rub oils blend on hands, cup hands over nose, inhale.
Nervous Headache I - 3 drops Lavender oil (Moderate)1 drop Rosemary oil -Massage upper solar plexus in clockwise direction
Nervous Headache II- 1 drop Geranium oil (Severe)2 drops Lemon oil + 3 drops Lavender oil -Massage upper solar plexus in clockwise direction.
Headaches from Structural Miss-alignment –
Sports Pro blend and Birch oil can be helpful on back of neck and pulse points.
Toxic Headaches - Headaches/Migraines from intestinal flora being out of balance-
- Do colon cleanse.
- Increase ‘good’ bacterial flora
- Get a colonic
- Too much estrogen from commercially grown meats, greens, veggies etc.
- Add in lots of good, fresh, organic produce to your daily eating.
- Headaches across the forehead – check the kidneys.
- Headaches across the temples – check the thyroid.
- Headaches in corners of forehead (wild eyed) – check the adrenal glands.
- Headaches on right side over the eye – check the gall bladder.
- Headaches in the middle of the forehead, under center of eyebrow – check the sinuses.
- Headaches behind the eye – check for parasites, or pituitary function, or pancreatic congestion.