Asthma Help, using Essential oils.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic disease involving the respiratory system in which the airways constrict, become inflamed, and are lined with excessive amounts of mucus. When the airways react, the muscles around them tighten. This causes the airways to narrow, and less air flows to your lungs. The swelling also can worsen, making the airways even narrower. Cells in the airways may make more mucus than normal. Mucus is a sticky, thick liquid that can further narrow your airways.
Symptoms of Asthma:
- Dyspnea or shortness of Breath
- Tightness of Lungs
- Rapid heart rate
- Itchiness of chest with tightness
- Stridor or high pitch noise from breathing
Causes of Asthma attack:
- Upper respiratory infection
- Airborne allergens
- Air pollutants (Smoke, traffic fumes, etc.)
Essential Oil help for Asthma:
- Asthma can be an indication of Liver toxicity. Do a Liver Cleanse, daily. http://theresanoilforthat.blogspot.com/search/label/Liver%20Cleanse
- Eucalyptus can stop an attack. Put a few drops on the chest, back of neck, and nostrils.
- 2-3 drops Marjoram on chest, followed by 2-3 drops Cypress, will stop the lungs from spasm-ing.
- Frankincense may avert an asthma attack, if you feel it coming on. Inhale and rub 2-3 drops on upper chest.
- To help relax and calm before an onset of an attack, apply 1-2 drops of Lavender on pulse points and under nose. Can also place Lemon on toes and balls of feet, the upper back, the nape of neck, and upper chest.
- 1 drop of Rosemary can help, and be placed directly on the tongue.
- per la Respiratory, is a special oil blend formulated specifically for lung challenges. Apply on the chest, throat, and back.
Asthma Remedy Tea:
1 drop Peppermint oil
1 drop Lemon oil
1 drop Eucalyptus oil
1 tsp. Honey
Add warm water, stir and sip.
Important note: Never diffuse essential oils during an asthma attack. Lungs need to be left alone. Only put the oils on the chest and throat area, as well as the back (across, where the lungs are)