Natural help for the Cold and Flu!Each year, people go the hospital for relief of cold or flu, and 89,000+ people will pass away from something they contracted at the hospital or Doctors office. During an Influenza Pandemic year, even more people will die.
Do you catch a cold or flu? The answer is No….you create it.
A cold or flu takes hold when the body is weakened and the immune system response is low. With an already weak immune system, once a person comes in contact with a bacterium or virus, a cold or flu is created in the body.
Some reasons for a Weakened Immune System:
- Stress (Use meditation, music, or other form of stress reliever each day)
- Lack of Sleep (Get at least 6-8 hours of sleep, your body is healing)
- Poor Diet: Diet high in Sugars and/or Processed foods (eat more veggies/fruits)
- Overworked (Slow down, rest as often as possible)
- Dehydration (Drink half your body weight in ounces, each day)
- Poor Hygiene (Scrupulous hand washing)
Some Essential oils that will help fight a cold/flu.If you already have a Cold or Flu, when using Essential Oils, the symptoms will be minimized and reoccurrence of the infection can be lessened.
Diffusion: diffusing oil is an absolute must during the cold/flu season. It protects your home environment from invading pathogens, and is your first line of defense;
- In the morning, use oils to boost your immune system, with Rosemary, Eucalyptus, or per la Immunity Blend.
- When kids get home from school, create a mist for them to walk through of Lemon, Orange, or Spruce.
- Diffuse all day, Immunity blend, Cinnamon, Spruce, Orange, Respiratory blend, or Frankincense.
- Caution: Diffusing Eucalyptus and Peppermint may cause you to tear up if you get too close. (Remember, diffusing is little droplets of the EO)
- Eucalyptus can be applied topically 2-3 drops on the chest (just above the clavicle) and another drop or two behind the ears. Can also put a drop on back of hand and lick it off.
- A very effective nighttime treatment (when cold symptoms are at their worst) is to diffuse Eucalyptus so it can be inhaled while sleeping. You can also diffuse each of the following combined oils for nighttime treatment; Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint.
- Another nighttime treatment for Coughs and Stuffy noses: Put 1 Tbl. Vicks vapor rub or Mentholatum into the palm of the hand. Mix 2 drops Eucalyptus into it. Then apply to the bottoms of the feet. Place a sock over the feet, to keep from getting on the sheets. (Your feet are carriers, and between the camphor in the rub and the Eucalyptus, this will help the nose from being stuffy)
- Can also create a Chest rub, by mixing 2 drops Eucalyptus, 2 drops Thyme, 2 drops Peppermint. Rub on chest and back. Apply a warm, moist compress to enhance the benefits. If this mixture seems too hot, or if using on children, mix in 1 ounce Carrier oil.
- For Coughs and Stuffy noses, apply 1-2 drops Eucalyptus in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, then cover your nose and mouth with your hands and inhale several times. Can also put 1-2 drops in a cloth and do the same thing.
- Can also place 1-2 drops Eucalyptus over the bridge of the nose for sinus relief. This also helps with stuffy noses and coughs. (The vapors may get in the eye, but will diminish quickly)
- If you already have a cold or flu, Use Thyme internally. 3-4 drops in a capsule, fill the rest up with a Carrier oil (Olive or Grapeseed oil) Take 2x daily. Can use Oregano the same way, under extreme cases. This will also help prevent a secondary infection, like pneumonia.
- For a preventative, take 1 drop Oregano in a capsule, filled with Carrier oil, 1x a day.
If you feel a cold or flu coming on, take 1 capsule every other hour to prevent it from setting in.
- Can also help boost the immune system by rubbing 1-2 drops of the following mixture on the bottoms of the feet: 1ounce Carrier Oil with 1-2 drops Oregano oil.
- For a cough or croup, mix 1 drop Oregano oil with 1 ounce Carrier oil and apply 1-2 drops on chest and feet.
- per la Respiratory can be used in the same manner as Eucalyptus radiata.
per la Immunity is a blend formulated to kill a fungi/bacteria/virus. Research conducted at Weber State University indicates that most viruses, bacteria, and fungi can not live in the presence of many Essential oils, especially those high in carvacrols, phenols, terpenes, and thymol. This may very well explain why Spice Traders in Europe, during the 1413 Bubonic Plague, were able to steal off the diseased dead and survive. When the robbers were caught, the magistrate offered leniency if they would reveal what they used to resist catching the disease. The robbers explained that they were Spice Traders and used the spices and citrus, from there ships, of which they rubbed on themselves to keep from getting sick.
The Essential oils used in the blend per la Immunity are the same spices and citruses, and even more, used during the 15th Century. Studies have shown a success rate of these oils killing 99.96% airborne bacteria. It also showed that after 10 minutes of exposure, there was a reduction in the bacteria Micrococcus luteus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Georgetown University did a double blind conclusive study showing that the oils in per la Immunity will stop the bird flu completely.
- Mix 7-10 drops Immunity blend with 2 ounces distilled water or Colloidal Silver. At first sign of a “tickle” in the throat, begin shaking and spraying mixture on the back of throat as often as possible or every 30 minutes, until “tickle” is gone.
- 1 drop of Immunity blend on the tongue can help relieve a sore throat. Can also mix a trace (toothpick dipped into oil) into applesauce or poke into apple wedges for children.
- For colds/flus put 4-5 drops of Immunity blend, and fill with Carrier oil into a capsule 2x daily. Can also rub 2 drops of the following mixture: 4-5 drops and 1 ounce Carrier oil, onto bottoms of the feet 2x daily to use as a preventative.
- Tea Tree
- per la Respiratory
- 2 drops Eucalyptus
- 5 drops Myrtle
- 6 drops Frankincense
- 1 drop Rosemary
- 7 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Dill
- Mix all of these oils together. (Add to a carrier oil, if you have sensitive skin. Do not diffuse with carrier oil)
2 drops Marjoram
1 drop Peppermint
1 drop Eucalyptus radiata
Mix all ingredients together. Suck on 1 teaspoon of the honey mixture, as needed.
For a Cough with Mucous in the throat:1 drop Eucalyptus radiata
1 drop Lemon
Gargle with water and spit out.
For Immune building bath recipes, go to Bath Recipes