Natural Help for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a chronic, non-contagious auto-immune disease which affects the skin and joints. It is more frequently found on the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp, but can affect any area including the genitals. It commonly causes red scaly patches to appear on the skin. The scaly patches caused by psoriasis, are areas of inflammation and excessive skin production. Skin rapidly accumulates at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance.
With further study, Dr. Rosenberg of University of Tennessee has documented that Psoriasis is due largely to a fungal infection and/or bacteria infection. They have shown that hormonal challenges play in significantly. Anti-fungal treatments internally and externally are recommended.
- Poor Diet
- Alcohol Consumption
- Dry Skin and Infection
- Cold, Dry Weather
- Plaques of red skin, often covered with loose, silver-colored scales. These lesions may be itchy and painful and sometimes crack and bleed. In severe cases, the plaques of irritated skin will grow and merge into one another, covering large areas.
- Disorders of the fingernails and toenails, including discoloration and pitting of the nails. The nails may also begin to crumble or detach from the nail bed.
- Plaques of scales or crust on the scalp.
- Inflammation and pain in joints.
- Lifestyle Changes
To really eradicate, begin by “cleaning” your Internal System.
Follow a juice and water fast/cleanse for 3-5 days. (Dr. Christopher has a good one, http://www.herballegacy.com/Three_Day_Cleanse.html )
Also take a Liver Cleanse each morning http://theresanoilforthat.blogspot.com/search/label/Liver%20Cleanse
After the cleanse, follow a diet that consists of Whole and Raw foods.
Any whole, live, Raw Foods. This includes fruits, herbs, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and a small amount of fresh fish or chemical free chicken.
Avoid all refined flours, cereals, processed foods and meats, animal fats, and refined sugar.
Increase Water intake- pure clean water. You should be consuming enough ounces of water that are the equivalent of your body weight divided by two. Add 1-2 drops of Peppermint or Lemon oil into it to make it more therapeutic.
Reduce Stressors. Find a modality of stress relief that will work for you. Meditation CD's, yoga, daily walks.
Essential Oil and Natural Helps:
- Increase Sunlight Exposure
- Epsom Salt soaks – Add 2 drops Lavender and 2 drops Peppermint to 1 cup Salts for further healing.
- Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil maybe helpful in reducing the dryness. - Add 1-2 drops Helichrysum to help with inflammation, pain, assist with healing and to keep from scarring.
- Oregano Oil will kill any fungus or bacterial infections: Take 2-3 drops in a capsule, filled with Olive oil, and take internally 1x a day. Also, apply 2-3 drops, mixed with 1oz olive oil, 2x daily on location of breakouts.
- If Psoriasis is on your head, add 1 drop to 2 Tbl. Chemical/dye free shampoo. (Or add 15-20 drops to 10-16oz Shampoo Bottle) Apply 1 Tbl. Of Oregano/Shampoo mixture to hair/scalp thoroughly. Let the shampoo sit on the scalp for 2-3 minutes before rinsing. When rinsing, cover eyes well, and rinse thoroughly. (Use an eye guard, if possible.)