We all know that by eating the right foods and drinking enough water, our body will be strong and healthy. Maintaining a healthy diet provides the necessary nutrients that your body needs to create new cells, clean toxins, and to just function every day. It will also prevent future diseases such as diabetes and cancer, and give you more energy, while helping you be more alert. And if your body is already diseased or sick, making healthy food choices will help your body repair and rebuild itself, by drawing the energy and nutrients of the elements of your healthy diet.
Foods to Include:
- All Vegetables*
- Fresh and Organic is best.
- All Fruit *
- Preferably Fresh and in Season.
- Organic is best.
- Dried Fruits should be free of sulfites.
Grains & Flours
- Rice- Preferably brown, brown basmati, jasmine, rice pasta, plain rice cakes, rice bread.
- Flat breads and
- Millet, Quinoa, Amaranth, Oats, Spelt, Barley, Wheat berries (Red or White), bean and
- Meat: All types are acceptable* (organic is best)
- Poultry: Preferably free range and free of hormones.
- Fish: All Ocean water types. Including Salmon, Sardines, and tuna.
- All bean/Legumes*
- Check labels of canned beans, dips, and soups for sweeteners and additives.
- Small amounts (Less than 1 Tbl. Per meal) of fermented soy products are acceptable.
Nuts & Seeds
- All nuts are acceptable*
- Use Nut butters such as Almond butter or Cashew butter.
- Seeds: All are acceptable, especially sunflower seeds, pumpkin, seeds, and tahini.
- Dairy causes mucous build up. Use sorbets in place of ice cream and Almond or Rice Milk in place of Cows milk.
- Ghee (Clarified butter is best) limit real butter.
Fats and Oils
- Olive, Sunflower, Safflower, Flax, Grape seed, and Coconut oils (Preferably all cold-pressed and stored in dark bottles.)
- Store Flax in a dark glass bottle, in the refrigerator and use this oil as a dressing or in smoothies; Do not heat this oil.
- Coconut is the most stable oil for cooking. (light sautés)
- Purified water- Drink at least half your body weight in ounces, each day. Preferably Structured water or include an herb to help “structure” the molecules of the water, like a Lemon slice or some Peppermint leaf.
- Unlimited amounts of Herbal Infusions or Decoctions.*
- Use juice sparingly. Dilute with water.
- Fresh vegetable juices are great.
- Rice or Almond milk.
- In general, Use sparingly.
- Acceptable sweeteners include molasses (unsulphered), pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup, honey, stevia (herbal sweetener), Agave nectar, Pure fructose (small quantities)
- Limit use.
- Use Naturally Leavened breads wherever possible.
Condiments & Additives
- All natural spices. Freshly ground is always best.
- Salt -Sea or Mineral is best.
- Pepper, garlic, lemon, parsley, chives, and herbs.
- Pure Vanilla, unsweetened carob, baking powder (with no aluminum), and baking soda.
- Wheat free soy sauce,
mustard, balsamic, rice or apple cider vinegar. (all in small amounts) Dijon
(*except those in Exclusion List)
Foods to Exclude:
- Canned or Processed, where possible.
- Use dried or frozen first.
Fruits – Commercially Prepared
- Fruit Juices, due to high sugar content.
Grains & Flours
- Processed, refined cereals with added sugar and additives.
- Any processed, bleached “white flour”.
- Processed meats, cold cuts, and added “modified corn starch”.
- Limit Pork products, such as bacon, ham, sausage, etc.
- Limit Eggs (whole, yolks, or whites) or any products with added egg.
- All non-fermented soy products; soybeans, soymilk, tofu, margarine, and soybean oil.
- Products with soy protein isolate, textured vegetable protein (TVP), or any type of soy on the label, including protein powders.
- Limit Peanuts, Peanut butter, and peanut oil.
Nuts and Seeds
- Limit Peanut butter, peanuts, soy nuts, roasted & salted.
- Milk and dairy products including cheeses, ice cream, and cream cheese.
- Products with casein, lactose, and whey on the label.
- Limit butter use.
- Goats milk and products made from goats milk.
Fats and Oils
- All trans-fatty acids (hydrogenated or partially-hydrogenated oils, vegetable oil shortening, and canola oil.
- Check labels of cookies, crackers, cakes, and chips for hydrogenated oils.
- Margarine and products containing margarine.
- All oil fried or deep fried foods.
- Tea (any tea made from the plant Camellia Sinensis- Black or green tea)
- Coffee, Alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- No soft drinks, even “sugar free”
- Sugary drinks, including juices.
- All refined white sugar
- Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame or NutraSweet.
- Products with added sugar, glucose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, and sucrose on the label.
- Added artificial preservatives, flavorings, and colorings including: Tartrazine (102, dyes (102, 104, 107, 110, 120, 122-4, 127-9, 131-3), sodium benzoate (211), sulfites (221-224), BHA (320), BHT (321), monosodium glutamate (MSG) (621), artificial sweeteners (aspartame, NutraSweet)
- Chocolate containing products. Use Carob.
- Limit use of ketchup, mayonnaise, dressings, etc.
Liver Cleansing: http://theresanoilforthat.blogspot.com/search/label/Liver%20Cleanse